voter Id cards in Rajasthan: The Indian voter ID card is dispensed by the Election Commission of India. Its key tenacity is serving as identity proof while a voter cast votes. It also functions as a general national identity proof, residence proof, and age proof for casting votes in addition to other purposes such as purchasing a mobile phone SIM or when you apply for a passport. It also goes by the name Electoral Photo ID Card (EPIC). With upcoming elections in every state of India, election fever is catching up with every citizen in the country.
Voter Id cards in Rajasthan:
voter Id cards in Rajasthan states in India are digitizing this process of getting the voter ID as much as possible. The government has done a great job in making these processes online, which helps most of the citizens easily access their application forms and make the amends if they are necessary and get it all processes. It also helps in providing information to individuals seeking information on their electoral booth and other much-needed information regarding their voting.
How to Apply for Voter ID Card Online in Rajasthan
Spread in around 342,239 square kilometers area, Rajasthan is country’s biggest state in terms of area. Rajasthan legislative assembly boasts of 200 electorates and 25 parliamentary constituencies and the largest constituency here is in Jaisalmer. Most of the voters in the state are from rural areas and remote districts which are the reason why Rajasthan election commission has the additional work of getting new voters recorded for voter ids in Rajasthan.
To register for a voter ID card in Rajasthan, please visit the central election commission website (etc
i-citizen services.nic.in) where you may go for signing up for a new user account with your email id and mobile number. You will be sent your login credentials to your email as well as a phone so that you can go back to it anytime. After you have logged into the website, you will be directed to a form. This form 6 has to be downloaded and duly filled for a new voter registration in Rajasthan. At the top of the application form, you can pick your state as Rajasthan and then click on your district or assembly constituency.
Once you finish filling in required details such as complete name and permanent residential address, place of birth and others. You must also upload your passport sized photo (less than 1 MB size). You should also attach your ID and residence proof like driving license, passport, Aadhar card or PAN Card.
There is a submission button at the bottom of the form and once that is done, you will be sent an application reference id number which will help you check your application status from time to time.
apply voter Id cards in Rajasthan
How to Apply for Voter ID Card Offline in Rajasthan
No matter how user-friendly or hassle free online application is, not everyone has the access or familiarity with new technology, especially in rural areas. Those people can still apply for a voter ID card offline in Rajasthan by going to the concerned electoral office to collect the forms.
Please follow the below steps for the same:
- Secure the application form and other listed forms from your nearest electoral office. Form 6 (Application for inclusion of name in an electoral roll), Form 7 (Application form for objection/ deletion of a name in the electoral roll), Form 8 (Application form for correction of details given) and Form 8 A (to apply for transposition of an entry in the electoral roll).
- Along with the correct form for application as in Form 6, you must also submit other necessary KYC documents as age proof, ID proof and residence proof.
- Please remember to keep informed of your family members is already possess Voter ID cards or if their name is included on the electoral roll.
- Go to the closest Electoral Registration Office to give the documents. After approval and verification, the Booth Level officers (BLOs) sent by the ERO will call at your place to check if all the info given are accurate.
- To give a voter ID for all listed voters, regular drives are structure by the Election Commission of India (ECI) at Designated Photographic Locations (DPIs). Such drives are normally promoted in every new media.
How to track status in Rajasthan
Tracking Voter ID Status Online:
The facility to track your voter ID application is not available on the Rajasthan CEO website(http://www.ceorajasthan.nic.in/index.aspx). You can search for your name in the electoral rolls to ensure that your name has been included.
- On the home page, click on “Search Name in Electoral Roll”.
- Click on “Click here to continue”.
- You can search for your name using the following:
- Search by ID card number, Search by name
- Search by Area or Locality.
Calling on the dedicated ECI Helpline Number:
You can call the ECI Helpline number 1950 toll-free. The helpline is available on all working days between 10:00 am and 5:00 pm.
Voter Id cards in Rajasthan, Voter Id cards in Rajasthan